Thursday 15 May 2014

Boys spaces

I have 4 children – 3 boys and 1 girl and I know very well that not only my daughter needs time on her own to play with her girl toys and do girly stuff but also my
3 boys need time on their own, specially the older ones need their own space. 

 
They do play a lot together as its fun with company and there is always one of their siblings around but there are moments during the day when they enjoy playing by themselves - they dive in their own world and take their time off from the larger family.


Moving from traditional nursery setting into a boys room where lego and playmobile is not taking over floors can be difficult...though we have found some great ideas for boy’s spaces – be assured it does not always have to be in color blue!
 


It’s does not need a genius to make a room boyish just a few fun details!



We love dark walls in general and in boys rooms they look great I have to admit. The darker the better. 
But if you prefer white walls - furnish with graphics & geometrics!



I am just planning my oldest sons new room. Its under the eves - good size but not much light.
He likes a dark wall - he is very much involved in the planning...I think it will work - it will increase the cosiness for his "man cave" as he calls it and as he uses the room mostly in the evenings we just need to make sure he has good lighting. Mood lighting and task lighting.
I love dark (grey-blue) walls mixed up with wooden details. It instantly links the room to the outdoor what usually boys love too!


We will start decorating it next month.
Maybe I will show you some results on the blog - check back soon if you like! 
 

If you have not the space for a wendy house outside than maybe they can have a little wooden “house” in their room? Whatever their wishes are we are convinced together you will find some great ideas

… and if not, here are some more…






 






No comments:

Post a Comment